Release version 0.5 (beta) of 17.08.2017
1. Added six new missions to the mission catalog
Parabolic Reverse Reveal
Horizontal Parabolic Reveal
Please let us know if you would like to have a specific mission added and we will see what we can do!
Ellipse (in category Professional): Capture area(s) by orbiting around them along an
Convex Hull (in category Professional): Capture area(s) by orbiting around them along a
convex hull path.
Panoramic Orbit (in category Shapes): A panoramic (outward looking) circular or elliptic
trajectory around a point.
Parabolic Reveal (in category Shapes): An ascending parabolic plan for a cinematic shot
centered at a single POI or building, or a creative reveal of a landscape.
Parabolic Reverse Reveal (in category Shapes): An ascending reversed parabolic plan for a
cinematic shot centered at a single POI or building, or a creative reveal of a landscape.
Horizontal Parabolic Reveal (in category Shapes): A horizontal parabolic plan for a
cinematic fly-by shot centered at a single POI or building, or a creative reveal of a landscape.
2. Added comprehensive Flight Logs
During the flight, Drone Harmony will now log 10 times per second 26 important flight parameters
Id, Time(seconds), Time(text), FlightMode, GpsCount, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude(meters), Altitude(feet),
HomeLatitude, HomeLongitude, HomeDistance(meters), HomeDistance(feet), BatteryPower(%), BatteryVoltage,
BatteryTemperature(C), VelocityX(m/s), VelocityY(m/s), VelocityZ(m/s), Speed(km/h), Speed(mph), Pitch, Roll,
Yaw, UpLinkQuality(%), DownLinkQuality(%)
Please let us know if you think there is an important parameter missing for your flight analysis
log compatibility with Airdata
and Phantomhelp Logviewer
will likely be included within
one of the next updates.
3. UI Improvements
Several new UI elements should help you fly safely and with better situational awareness:
- Drone Home Position: The drone home position is always set automatically to the location the
drone takes off from the ground. The drone home location is also the location that is used for the
"Return to Home" command. Note that all your planned waypoint altitudes refer relatively to the ground
zero altitude of the drone home location. That is also why it is important that during planning, you
already place your intended liftoff location to the place where your drone will actually take off during
flying the planned mission.
- Distance to home: A dashed line with a (horizontal) distance indication will help you keep track
of how far away the drone is from the drone home location.
- Battery Status Bar: The common battery status bar you may already know from DJI Go 4 is now also
available in the drone harmony flight planner. It shows you the remaining flight time with the current
battery and the low battery warning levels. Note that remaining mission time and planned battery
switches are features we intend to provide with future updates.
- Remote Controller: Uplink Signal Strength: An important addon to the status bar is the remote
controller uplink signal strength. If you fly your drone far away from you or you have signal
interference from your surroundings keep an eye on the signal strength. This way you can react (e.g.
switch to sports flight mode to take over control) in time before you experience signal loss (and by
that control over the drone).
Additionally we added some minor UI improvements:
- Improved visibility of UI elements when using Normal Google Maps
- Improved sliders and "-" and "+" buttons for precise adjustments of parameters
- When flying an automated mission, a new "track drone" button will enable the tracking of the drone on
the map. This way Drone Harmony keeps the drone centered on the map while you are focussing on keeping
visual line of sight with the drone.
4. Added Shape Mission Center Points
For the Helix, Orbit and Panoramic Orbit shape missions the shape has to be planned around a center point which
is not necessarily the liftoff point. For example the now added center point will allow you to take off with
your drone at a cliff side and plan a helix flight around a nearby light house.
5. Minor added functionality
- The yaw (flight direction) of waypoints can now be edited manually, with three options: Orient to
previous waypoint, to next waypoint or by setting an absolute yaw.
- When exporting waypoints the Azimuth (yaw) and Gimbal Pitch are now included.
Outlook on upcoming new features
- Flight log compatibility with flight log analysis software (e.g. Airdata)
- Various additional hobby and professional flights
- Significantly improved input of manual waypoint missions
- Migration of old mission generation dialogues to the new format with the 3D widget preview
- Improved Flight Launch dialog, which will include a 3d preview of the precise flight path from current
drone position until the end of the mission.
- Import & Export of elevation data which will be used by the top-down mission planning engine.
- Support for negative altitudes
- Slicing & glueing tools for splitting and merging missions
- Camera Histogram
- Export and import of area or building data
- Support for Inspire 2
- Translation to other languages
Known issues under investigation:
- Drone connection problem for devices with x86 architecture and Android >= 6.x (e.g. Asus Zenpad
8): The current DJI shared software library (ffmpeg) is not compatible with Android versions >6.x.
For now, the drone connection will be disabled when the app detects that this problem occurs on your
device. We are looking for a workaround.
- On some Android 4.4 devices, a crash may occurs on the DJI level related to FPV window.
- DJI reports: libdjivideojni x86 version issues: SDK does not work on some x86 machines (known issue 1.
relates to this)
- Mavic Focus issues: The Mavic Pro camera sometimes has problems with the camera focus. This is
either a DJI firmware or hardware issue. However, to resolve such focus issues you can either restart
the drone or reset the camera settings (go to camera settings (top right button) > Menu > Reset Camera
- Incomplete FPV window: Sometimes the FPV window does not correctly display. Tapping it once
resolves the problem. We are working on a fix for this issue.