Release version 0.6.2 (beta) of 20.10.2017
0.6.2 includes a hot fix on top of 0.6.1 that resolved the Error 505 issue some users had during the update / installation process of v0.6.1.
The highlight of the 0.6.1 release is the increased support for more mobile devices.
1. Moved to the new DJI SDK (4.3.2)
DJI official release notes state the following critical bug fixes:
- Aircraft take-off action causing SDK disconnection issue: In SDK version 4.3.0, at some GPS
locations, aircraft take-off action can cause the SDK to freeze for several seconds. This would then
lead to SDK being disconnected from the product temporarily. This has been fixed.
- Camera.stopRecordVideo() issue: In SDK version 4.3.0, in some cases, stopRecordVideo could
misbehave and start video recording instead. This has been fixed.
- FlyZoneManager.unlockFlyZones() issue: In SDK version 4.3.0, each authorized account can only
unlock one AUTHORIZATION fly zone successfully. Calling unlockFlyZones() using any fly zone id after the first one has been unlocked might return with onSuccess(), but will not take effect. This has been fixed.
2. Added support for more mobile devices
The new DJI SDK non-ARM processor devices should now be compatible and thus Drone Harmony will now also run on these devices. If your device reported for previous versions compatibility issues please try installing the new version. If you still experience compatibility issues please let us know.
3. Various fixes
- Fix for map widget in the planning of "Shapes" missions
- Improved performance when planning "Pro" missions
- Some other fixes
Outlook on upcoming new features
- Flight log compatibility with flight log analysis software (e.g. Airdata)
- Various additional hobby and professional flights
- Significantly improved input of manual waypoint missions
- Improved Flight Launch dialog, which will include a 3d preview of the precise flight path from current
drone position until the end of the mission.
- Import & Export of elevation data which will be used by the top-down mission planning engine.
- Support for negative altitudes
- Slicing & glueing tools for splitting and merging missions
- Camera Histogram
- Export and import of area or building data
- Translation to other languages
Known issues under investigation:
- On some Android 4.4 devices, a crash may occurs on the DJI level related to FPV window.