Machine Perception Lead in Zürich, Switzerland
At Drone Harmony, we are on a mission to digitize infrastructure at large scale using fully automated drone inspections. Our worldwide unique FULL-3D flight planning engine is at the core of our enterprise software suite, comprised of a web application, mobile flight control applications and cloud systems.
As Machine Perception Lead you are responsible for the development, prototyping and testing of algorithms in the field of machine perception and their integration into the Drone Harmony software suite. The successful candidate will lead the development of next generation automation features based on drone sensory data. Examples include local sensing, perception-based navigation and object identification.
Your daily routine will consist of:
• Engineer machine perception requirements with customers & partners
• Design algorithms at the whiteboard with our R&D Team
• Implement prototypes in lab environments (Python, Matlab, Mathematica, …)
• Productize your work with the software engineering team in Zurich and Kiev
• Test and tweak your algorithms outdoors with latest high-end drones
• Stay on top of the latest developments in your field of expertise
• Master or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field with specialization in Machine Perception, Machine Vision, or related field
• Knowledge of the fundamental machine learning techniques applicable in machine vision
• 4+ years of professional working experience in software prototyping
• High degree of independence and a hands-on approach
• Experience building complex systems in a team environment
• Fluent in written and spoken English
How you blow us away:
• Deep experience with 3D reconstruction, SLAM, optical flow
• Past exposure to control algorithms
• Prior experience with robotic applications
• Drone piloting skills
• Appreciation for delicious coffee & Ice-cream
What Drone Harmony offers
Drone Harmony is a young and dynamic high-tech start up located in the heart of Zurich (close to ETHZ). At Drone Harmony you will have the chance to significantly impact the development of an established product with a global outreach (50+ countries and 200,000+ flights to date) in the exciting drone market.
Drone Harmony offers a competitive salary & stock compensation, competitive pension fund plans & insurance benefit contributions, flexible working hours & vacations and remote working possibilities.
Above all we offer a friendly, social working environment in a highly professional team of experts (several ETH PhDs) and an experienced management team passionate about leaving a lasting impact on an exciting and fast-growing industry.
Apply for this job and contact Dr. David Adjiashvili by email.