Release version 0.6 (beta) of 15.09.2017
1. Support of Inspire2 / Zenmuse X5S
Currently only the standard DJI X5S lens is supported (this is important for image overlap calculations). In future versions we will support custom camera specs.
2. Refactoring of Pro missions
- Mission live preview during planning: both in 3D and Map views
- Restrict Site / Perimeter / Circle / Ellipse / Convex Hull missions to part of scene (e.g. facade scans)
- Specify direction of scan (clockwise / counter-clockwise)
- Ability to specify a separate landing point
3. New hobby mission called "Flatland"
Create landscapes as in the movie "Inception". The app computes the precise positions for the images according to the user input.
After the image capture, image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop is required to create the landscape. Look for tutorials on Youtube on how to edit the images to get the final result.
4. Improved focus handling
For cameras that do not have a fixed focus (e.g. Mavic, P4P, Zenmuse X5S), we now do refocusing according to user choice (Auto/AFC/Infinity)
from the ground and also from the air. In addition during flight a focus button is available in the left side menu, clicking on it will refocus the camera.
Outlook on upcoming new features
- Flight log compatibility with flight log analysis software (e.g. Airdata)
- Various additional hobby and professional flights
- Significantly improved input of manual waypoint missions
- Improved Flight Launch dialog, which will include a 3d preview of the precise flight path from current
drone position until the end of the mission.
- Import & Export of elevation data which will be used by the top-down mission planning engine.
- Support for negative altitudes
- Slicing & glueing tools for splitting and merging missions
- Camera Histogram
- Export and import of area or building data
- Translation to other languages
Known issues under investigation:
- Drone connection problem for devices with x86 architecture and Android >= 6.x (e.g. Asus Zenpad
8): The current DJI shared software library (ffmpeg) is not compatible with Android versions >6.x.
For now, the drone connection will be disabled when the app detects that this problem occurs on your
device. We are looking for a workaround.
- On some Android 4.4 devices, a crash may occurs on the DJI level related to FPV window.
- DJI reports: libdjivideojni x86 version issues: SDK does not work on some x86 machines (known issue 1.
relates to this)